Sunday, August 29, 2010

To make the acquaintance of writer-friends

Recently, I spoke to one of my friends in America on skype. It's about a year ago, since we met on an online platform for writers. We instantly 'clicked' and became very good friends. Reflecting on the time I spent on this website, I am super thankful to have been there, since I met so many nice people on there, I call my friends now.

I've met the majority of them in person and, surprisingly, there was no awkwardness. Now you think authors only talk about books, don't you? Certainly, it's a topic we talk about, since it's a hobby/profession we have in common. If I meet someone who keeps reptiles I will, of course, talk about reptiles.

I never had a friend who writes, or at least I didn't know they wrote, apart from one and she never really shared anything. So to have those friends, who understand writing, and the pain and fun that comes with it, is absolutely vital for me. To exchange excerpts, critique and support when it's not going well, is something I don't want to miss anymore.

Though I don't name names, you guys, you know who you are and I love you to bits.

Thank you for being my friend.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment