Saturday, November 26, 2011

Easy and delicious vegetable curry

Every now and again, I'll get some cravings. No, not chocolate, but vegetables. I love my meat, but sometimes, I just want to have a delicious meal made out of vegetables. I watched Hugh-Fearnley Whittingstall the other day; his vegetable summer has probably triggered my craving. I'm also a huge fan of Jamie Oliver and I like both of them for severeal reasons: they both stand for easy and simple great home made food, they are out to 'educate' the nation and I find them hilarious and approachable. I would love to cook with both of them one day. A girl can have wishes, no?

Well, back to reality: I like a good curry and it can be done without meat, still pleasing your taste buds. Here's one I cooked yesterday.

You need:  
Aubergine
Courgettes
Red pepper
Sqash
Green beans
Butter beans
Onions
Chick peas
Chopped tomatoes
Chili
Garlic and a whole lot of Indian spices (Garam Massala, coriander seeds, curry powder, turmaric, ground cumin).

Simply dice the vegetables and onions and put them aside. Chop the garlic and chili.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan or wok and throw in the onions, stir for a minute, add the garlic and spices, stir for a few seconds then add the vegetables and tinned tomatoes. Stir everything thoroughly. Add some stock and season with salt.
Let it simmer on a low heat for about half an hour, then add the chick peas and beans. Then let it bubble away for another twenty minutes and it's ready to serve. I had it with couscous, but it also goes well with rice, nan or French stick.

A healthy and wonderful dish to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment